Why does my cell phone keep cutting off?

It started really suddenly, on Saturday. It just keep turning off for some reason. I called my provider, T-Mobile, and the rep said it was almost certainly the battery. So I went and dropped $40 on a new battery yesterday, and DAMMITALL, then phone is cutting off again!!! Anyone have any idea why it's doing this?

vicesix

Asked by vicesix at 9:41 AM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Technology

• I think it's probably a phone issue. Mine does that too, and I have Sprint. I have my SO's old phone, and it did it when he had it, too. I never had this problem with my old phone, it only started with my new phone. How old is the phone and how did you acquire it? You might be able, if it's fairly new and depending on how you purchased it, to contact the manufacturer and get some help from them.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 2:54 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• sounds like your phone is having issues, i would ask AT&T to send a new one out if you have insurance on it
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 9:42 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• sorry t-mobile! I was looking at my phone logo and answering haha *oops*
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 9:43 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• have you cleaned the battery connections?
    starlight1968

Answer by starlight1968 at 11:59 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• sometime you need a new sim card
    KiraStadnik

Answer by KiraStadnik at 12:01 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• That's okay, I figured it was something like that! I knew what you meant :-)
    Unfortunately, I did not get the phone directly from T-Mobile so they won't do anything about it. I was just trying to figure out if the cutting off was a SERVICE issue or a PHONE issue. I keep having to buy new phones and I'm tired of it. Blah.
    vicesix

Comment by vicesix (original poster) at 9:51 AM on Apr. 19, 2011