Why do women think they need so much control over thier husbands?

I keep reading questions that say, I would not "allow" him to to whatever it is they want to do. or I require him to do xyz and if not there is hell to pay.

HOw does anyone think they need to allow someone to do anything. my husband is an adult, with his own mind and can make his own choices. Some are good and some are bad, but he is not my child.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:44 AM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Relationships

• I know right? What happened to compromise?

Neither my husband or i say "he/she is not allowed" we discuss everything....talk about it lots, then make a decision together that we can both live with....
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:46 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• He is an adult and by being with me, should already know my limits. With that said, if he violates my trust or crosses my boundaries, there will be hell to pay. Because he knows what is ok with me and what is not, I wouldn't say that I was controlling him.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:49 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I don't tell my husband what to do or not do. He is a big boy now and can make his own decisions. Plus if I tried he would just laugh at me. LOL
    Mom1127-0125

Answer by Mom1127-0125 at 9:51 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I used to treat my husband like that and he would always say "you're not my mother" . If my husband wants to do something he will but out of respect he will ask my opinion. Like how I would feel if he went to the bar. It should be a 50/50 partnership
    Eisleysmommy27

Answer by Eisleysmommy27 at 9:47 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I don't get it either. Truth is, none of us can really control anybody else or their actions. I think it shows a sign of immaturity or an insecurity in the relationship.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:48 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I used to work with a guy who was not ALLOWED to go to Hooters. One day we all went to Buffalo Wild Wings and someone told his wife we went to "that wing place" and she went ballistic. I thought she was loony. A few months later Chip N Dales came to town. I went with some friends.... Wonder who I saw there....
    Shaken1976

Answer by Shaken1976 at 9:49 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Ditto! I agree they are grown ass men that can think for themselves. We also sit down and discuss this and that and make decisions TOGETHER.
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 9:51 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• We compromise and discuss everything. I know there are things that if I do them it would really make him upset or hurt and he knows the same for me. Before he makes plans to do something he always asks me out of consideration or just to make sure we don't already have something planned that he may have forgotten about. If he didn't love me or care he wouldn't do either of those things. He decides to do these things just like I do. We are both indviduals and neither of us control the other.

There are some though that do not do this and eventually it WILL break up the relationship.
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 9:52 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I have always told my husband I would rather he go to a strip club than a sports bar. The strippers want his money the girls at the sports bar want to be in his bed. As for telling him what to do we have a simple rule if you can not do it in front of me you probably should not do it. It goes both ways. I would never tell him he can not do something, and he knows I am not controlling. Since he loves that about me he shows enough respect towards me that he would not do the one or two things that would really piss me off.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:56 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Same reason that men think they can control their wives.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 9:50 AM on Apr. 19, 2011