Texting is out of control

I went to lunch with four women the other day. They spent about 80% of the meal texting. Drove me crazy. When I go to lunch with you I put my phone away. Please do the same. Vent over

Shaken1976

Asked by Shaken1976 at 9:47 AM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Entertainment

• good i feel the same. before texting, it was simply phone call after phone call..it boils down to plain old rudeness, either way. i'll go to lunch with you!!

dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:50 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• AMEN! Another Vent here: When you are at the playground, grocery store, beach, pool or Mall, Watch your kids for THEIR safety & stop texting already! What on earth is more important than the safety of your child??? Whew, I feel better too! :)

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:52 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• If you are in the San Antonio area...lets go.
    Shaken1976

Comment by Shaken1976 (original poster) at 9:51 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I know!! My niece came to visit and spent the entire time on her dang phone! When I told her to turn it off for church i thought she was gonna have a heart attack!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:52 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• sorry..not in SA area...Memphis, though! (area, not the town. lol!)
    darn.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:54 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I text for work and if people text me during lunch or during a visit with one of my friends I excuse myself and handle my business.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:57 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• One of my girlfriends is terrible at this...not so much with the texting, but constant phone calls. And it is NEVER quick. It isn't like she answers and says "I'm actually out for lunch right now, let me call you back"...it can be a 20 minute phone call. On top of that, she is about 3 times louder on the phone than she is in person, so there is no ignoring her phone call. Egh.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:25 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• frustratedI love this vent!!!  I have a coworker that literally keeps her cell phone around her neck and her work headphones on even away from the desk.........she NEVER, NEVER stops talking on the phone!!!!  She is an awesome worker, but Good Lord, give us a moment or two of silence!!  Lunch works for me!!

Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 11:53 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Ugh my brother is like that, it so annoying!
    lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 12:21 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• so rude n inconsiderate
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 9:56 AM on Apr. 20, 2011