Does your child have a "tell" signal that they are lying?

My oldest cannot get a lie out to save her life. Every time she tries, she has a big open mouthed grin, and hooks her elbow over her face so we can't see her mouth.

LOL...try again kid.

Mom-2-3-Girlz

Asked by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:10 AM on Apr. 19, 2011 in General Parenting

• yes, she will look around and mumble an excuse then won't repeat it
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 10:11 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• wen they open there moufs lol
    Schnizzle

Answer by Schnizzle at 10:12 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• It's usually in the voice with my oldest. If he's lying and I ask him he stresses each word and drags them out like this, "I'm nooooot LYIIIIIIING!". My 2nd child is a fantastic liar...it scares me, LOL!! My last is my daughter, and she lies sometimes...she's also a hard one to peg. Usually it's that she isn't looking me in the face.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 10:13 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• No, but if I look them in the face and say "is that the TRUTH" they will say NO.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:15 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• My oldest is the worst liar ever! He gets all pissy and huffy acting. He pegs himself every time. My middle one is a lil more sly, But usually after asking a few times he gets thi grin that he cant mask its funny.
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 10:17 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• yes, there a quite different ways he tries to lie and none of them work, you can tell.I guess my son was not made to lie real real well lol. ha ha for him.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 10:23 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Yes i would tell my daughter to look at me and tell me why this happened she will move her eyes all over the place that's how i know she's lying.
    MSDIMOM

Answer by MSDIMOM at 10:32 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I ask excuse me, what did you say? DD12 can't not smile as she's lying through her teeth!!
    Amomand4kids

Answer by Amomand4kids at 10:36 AM on Apr. 19, 2011