I need help with divorce papers...

i need help writing my divorce papers.. there will be no lawyers involved cause it is a un-contested divorce. i don't know how to do it. i have adhd, add, ld and ed.... Ld= learning disability and ED= emotionally disturbed... if any one lives in the manassas, Virginia area and that could help me with my papers. i would great appreciate it..

tyner_brylee

Asked by tyner_brylee at 10:22 AM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Relationships

• legalzoom.com
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 10:23 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• i will try that....thanks
    tyner_brylee

Comment by tyner_brylee (original poster) at 10:25 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• i would have to pay money for that..... the courts here in Virginia is letting me get my divorce for free, but i have to write all of my papers on my own and i don't have the slightest clue on how to do that.

tyner_brylee

Comment by tyner_brylee (original poster) at 10:28 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• And that is why you would pay someone to do it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:29 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• yes, it costs and so do court fees. it is the best way to make sure you get it all correct.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 10:29 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• but here is the problem.... i live in a homeless shelter, i have no money, and no job... that's why i said that the judge is going to wave all of the filing fees and the court fees.... the judge is giving me a free divorce, but i have to write my own papers and i don't know how to do that and that's why i am asking for help....
    tyner_brylee

Comment by tyner_brylee (original poster) at 10:33 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• i wud jus let him fil then and u jus sine the paprs
    Schnizzle

Answer by Schnizzle at 10:37 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• okay, look for a program in your local area called legal aid. they give free legal help to low (or no) income families. Talk to the local church and see what they reccomend
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 10:38 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• My husband is in jail and doesn't want to file for the divorce. he wants me to wait for him....i don't want to wait for him, he is just going to keep messing up and keep getting sent back to jail... i am done with him.... i will keep trying to get legal aide to help me, i called them yesterday and they weren't able to help me right now... they told me that i have to call them in two weeks to see if they have any appointment available.

and if any one is wondering why he is in jail... here read this :  http://www2.insidenova.com/news/2009/jun/29/man_charged_in_pant-less_exposures-ar-439760/   ....... this is why i want a divorce and why i don't want to continue to wait for him.... i just want to get away from him... 

tyner_brylee

Comment by tyner_brylee (original poster) at 10:44 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I hear ya, I'm having the same problem with a child support modification. The forms are all Greek to me and everyone wants MEGA money to help........Good luck!!
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 10:46 AM on Apr. 19, 2011