Can you help me with a thesis statement from my thesis question please???

I. Topic: Language Acquisition

Question: How do children acquire their first language and how does the quality and quantity of parental involvement affect language acquisition?

I need to hand in an outline of my research paper today and am having trouble formulating a thesis statement. My brain is fried from all the essays I've been doing lately.

So the topic is language acquisition with a focus on parental involvement. Please help if you can. Thanks.

Orionsgirl

Asked by Orionsgirl at 10:22 AM on Apr. 19, 2011 in

• "Because language acquisition is a product of active, repetitive, and complex learning it is essential that adult caregivers be active participants in the learning process"

How about something like that?
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 10:40 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• What kind of stand are you taking with it? You should include what your position is on the topic in your statement.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 10:31 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• That babies need a lot of involvement from mom (and dad) to learn a language. Facial expressions etc are important. Kids who are born to deaf parents need to "catch up" on their LA...

Does that help?
    Orionsgirl

Comment by Orionsgirl (original poster) at 10:32 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Genius. Thank you.
    Orionsgirl

Comment by Orionsgirl (original poster) at 10:42 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• One of the first stages in the acquisition of language is imitation of caregiver. This paper will look at the amount of caregiver interaction and the rate of acquisition of language to see if there is a dependency.

Do look at how kids born to deaf parents acquire language. They babble in sign language!

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 10:47 AM on Apr. 19, 2011