Just Griping!!

So, I have this co-worker acquaintance who makes good money, 2 kids, one on the way, and a DH who is unemployed b/c he's lazy from the way she describes him. The money is good, well would be if she didn't have an unemployed DH. Anyhow she's talking about buying a house, and I say good for her that'd be awesome for her children rather than moving around all the time. The problem I have is this; she says the church will pay half the mortgage b/c she can't afford the entire thing!! Why in the world would you set yourself up for failure like that?! Especially with kids!! OMG. But I suppose she may not even get approved. This lady is 30 yo thinks she's going to be able to get a loan for 200+ b/c her UNEMPLOYED DH wants a nice house. I want to tell her she's nuts, but who am I to tell her that, but then again I don't want to see her struggle with her kids either.

yesmaam

Asked by yesmaam at 10:25 AM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Relationships

• I agree with you. She sounds like that woman who got $150,000 a year from social services and didn't think to report the "mistake" and lived in a great neighborhood, fabulous house, had cars etc. Scumbags.
    Kari727

Answer by Kari727 at 10:31 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Oh and the other issue, I don't think its right to depend on the church like that. I am all for it if down the road she's stuggling, everyone needs help I get it, but to start off a mortgage like this, come on now.
    yesmaam

Comment by yesmaam (original poster) at 10:27 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• wow, there is no way I would be buying a house if I couldn't afford it, why doesn't she just tell her DH if he wants a house then he needs to get a job & help pay for it.. jmo
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 10:41 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I guess she doesn't think like that momto4girlz, she knows the church will pay so I think she's taking advantage of it.
    yesmaam

Comment by yesmaam (original poster) at 10:44 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Is he unemployed and not looking, or is he a sahd? If he was actually helping around the house, it wouldn't be so bad...

Anyway, you are right, she shouldn't be depending on others (especially the church) to come up with half the mortgage so they can have a "nice" house.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 10:54 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Oh lord that's another thing lol He is not a sahd, she still brings her LO to daycare b/c he can't take care of him, she doesn't trust that he will make the LO his priority during the day. OMG but that's an entirely different issue there!!
    yesmaam

Comment by yesmaam (original poster) at 11:03 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• What can you really say to her to make her change her mind about the decisions she's making? If she's allowing her no good man to lay around while she works and feels its okay, trust me when I say this, then she has blinders on so thick that all she sees is what will make him happy. Regardless as to what anyone says, she will do what she wants to do, despite the fact she's setting herself and the kids up for disaster and sometimes, family & friends have to step aside and allow these types of people to make thier own mistakes and just be there to help guide them as they get thier vision back!
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 1:27 PM on Apr. 19, 2011