Does Verizon have any good cell phones left without a data plan?

I just want a phone similar to the Alias that has a keyboard (non touch screen) and is a phone. I have internet for surfing so I don't want to pay $20-30 to add it to my phone.

Is there a better carrier out there? Right now we pay alot ot verizon for 5 phones so I am okay with switching if I get a good deal on 1-2 phones till our contracts are up.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:29 AM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Money & Work

• Yes they do, you have to go in and ask...we've had Verizon for 5 years now. It's the best service we've ever had.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 10:35 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• wats that yelo tryangl mean
    Schnizzle

Answer by Schnizzle at 10:35 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Oh, and go to a Verizon store...not a store that carries Verizon. Big difference.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 10:36 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• You may want to also shop Verizon on-line. There may be more selection. I know that we're stuck with Verizon as none of the other carriers work in our neighborhood.

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 10:39 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Sure, if you have phones that do not require the data package. Of course each additional line is what like $10, but they have 700 family share plan for $59.99 thats what we have. But then we have 3 lines each with $30 data package, insurance, ringback tones, etc. etc. all that garbage lol. We have the cheapest fam plan they offer b/c rarely do we even hit 100 min calling outside verizon network.
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 10:40 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• We have Verizon and they don't have many phones that don't require the data package....I'm dealing with the same issue. I want a new phone but they don't have any I like(that comes without the data package). My SIL has AT&T but she pays almost as much as I do for 1 phone and we have 3.
    how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 10:52 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Maybe I will just go back to a landline. The only downfall is schools have trouble reaching me now.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:26 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Try www.pagepluscellular.com
    They use the verizon prepaid network and any verizon phone that isn't a fancy smart phone. Right now I have the ENV2, and dh has a driod eris.
    $30 for 1200 minutes, 2000 texts, and 100gb of data - no extra taxes or fees!
    $45 for unlimited min and texts, and 40 ?? I think gb of data, no extra taxes or fees.
    Best part, it's month by month so no contract. You can also just purchase minutes which is what I do since I rarely use my phone. $25 for 400 minutes.

I don't know how that would work out for you with 7 phones though. I would put the put the right user with the right package. KWIM?
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 11:49 AM on Apr. 19, 2011