Do you teach your kids to groom at a young age?

Yes, I said groom.

I am not a nut about it but I want them to be sure to take care of themselves, clean, and comb their hair.

Don't leave the house like a bum... LOL

Yes, they can get dirty, play out side with friends, in the yard make mudd pies, but when we go out or too school, hair combed neatly, clothes neat... From the start, birth and on, at the park, before we get their when we are there, unless we are not going anywhere they can roll in the grass, and get messy but if we have to go to the supermarket afterwards, I tell them not too get too dirty....

KFree907

Asked by KFree907 at 10:38 AM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• yes

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:38 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Yeppers, my kids learned to brush their hair, wash their face and make sure their clothes match at the same age they learned to brush their own teeth.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Sure do, well I'm still correcting my shortcomings on teaching grooming to my 6 yo. I was a young single mom who knew nothing of how to be a mommy and he was my best little friend so I did everything for him always. Now he still sometimes asks me to dress him, clean ears, things like that. Of course I don't do it, and give him a logical answer why I won't :) But it's my own fault.
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 10:42 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• of course, just like I start teaching manners as soon as they can talk. My daughter still needs help with her hair at 8, but they all clip their own nails, brush their teeth, can brush their hair.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 11:40 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• teaching them early is good .
    AJMcGuire

Answer by AJMcGuire at 2:26 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I teach my daughter how to take care of herself.

However, I'm one of those moms that will make a quick trip to Wal-Mart after an afternoon of playing and rolling around at the park. Oh...the looks I get! LOL
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 11:17 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• The best time to teach children to groom is when they are young
    stitchintime

Answer by stitchintime at 11:11 PM on Apr. 21, 2011