My mother dis owned me and my brothers, until it benfits her, how could she?

My mother and I have always had a difficult relationship. She put the raiseing of my siblings on me. I never had a childhood and when I wasn't cleaning,feeding , or taking care of my siblings she made us stay in our rooms. We only came out or went outside when people came around. She has had counseling and nothing worked. We were even taken away for a while and then returned.

She lives 5 mins from my home but never comes over. Two of my brothers moved away and she never talks about them. Well I was on her facebook and on her cafemom and she doesn't have anything on there refering to us. She says she has 8 kids which includes us but no pictures nothing saying anything we even excisit.

She does however have pictures of my DS and I want them off. I don't want her to have them up. Why should be able to brag about him but not even mention his mother?? Or uncles??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Relationships

• you mom sounds like she may need help maybe she has some kinda of disorder.. I would not worry about her having pic of your ds.. maybe take her to a mental health place to try to see if they can help her.. I also had no childhood but because I was sexually, physically, verbally.. i do have a rare few good moments like going to camp, but I do understand what its like to have your childhood withheld from you.. I pray you got counseling like I did.. why don't you write her, or sit down & talk with her along with your brothers and tell her how you feel?
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 10:49 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• because she is ashamed at the way she raised you. She may not admit it, but it's in her subconscious. She doesn't feel that way about her grandson. Not her child, not her problem...so he is easier to love.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:44 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• i agree wit u. if she only acs like a granmama on fb then thats jus dum
    Schnizzle

Answer by Schnizzle at 10:45 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I'm with you on this. I have never had a very good relationship with my family. My mother and father have no spoken to me in seven months because I won't allow them to say the "N word" around DD. They each have a FB account and they each have my brother listed as their son, but not me as their daughter. Plus they each have a picture of them with DD as their profile picture. It was like fingernails going down a chalkboard every time I saw any of their posts on the status of mutual friends because I hated seeing them with her, so I just ended up blocking them.

Before saying anything to her, make sure you are ready for whatever happens after that. Like, what will you do if she says "tough, they are my pictures and I want them up?" That's what my parents would have said, so I never bothered....

Good luck
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 10:53 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I agree with the moms who said she may feel ashamed of how she raised you which is why she doesn't mention you or your brothers.. shame is a good feeling to have it means she cares.
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 10:50 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Anon- You are rediculous and apparent;y must act the same way towards your children. A grandmother who lives 5 minutes away but never calls or comes over doesn't seem like a proud grandma to me. A mother who refuses to return her childrens phone calls unless she has some drama of her own. Ie needs a ride or money doesn't sound like a mother to me. Maybe to you but not to me.

maiahlynn- I wouild love to but she is really good at manipulating people so I don't know if she would go or if they would even be able to really help her. She has always gotten out of trouble with socail services and can turn on the charm at the drop of a dime.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:57 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I am so sorry.. My mom is like that too.. I feel ya..
    2boys4momma

Answer by 2boys4momma at 12:31 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I think you are being childish. She is proud of her grandbaby and there for proud of you. just because she doesn't mention it doesnt mean she doesn't care.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on Apr. 19, 2011