Calling all Christians:

Are you ashamed of yourself for compromising and not standing up for your beleifs? or faith?

2boys4momma

Asked by 2boys4momma at 10:44 AM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• compromising on what?
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:45 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• At times. We are to be bold for our faith, but I know we are all guilty of staying quiet, in order to keep arguments on here down. Yet, the non-believers are never quiet. I have been spending time in prayer about this,and I know God wants me to be bolder. Great question, by the way. Gave me a lot to think about.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 10:46 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Admittedly, yeah....
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 10:46 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I always stand up for what I believe.

Answer by older at 10:47 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• In fact, Jesus tells us if we are ashamed of Him before man, He will be ashamed of us before His Father. When I get to Heaven, I want to hear "Well done, good and faithful servant, enter in, and recieve your reward" NOT "depart from me, ye worker of iniquity, I never knew ye."
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 10:47 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I asked compromising on your beleifs.. That is very different for each person..

So that basically is up to you samarichick
    2boys4momma

Comment by 2boys4momma (original poster) at 10:49 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I don't feel I compromise anything....
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:52 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Yes at times...but I believe it makes me stronger for the next time. The closer I draw to God, the less I compromise.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 10:53 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Unfortunately I have in the past, just to keep the peace and avoid an argument....and to spare myself those looks of "are you crazy." I am working on being bolder in my faith without being confrontational....assertive without being aggressive. It is a hard balance to find though.
    asmcbride

Answer by asmcbride at 10:56 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• NO!!!!! I always stand up for MY belief's and I have NOTHING to be ashamed of. I DONT live my life for the approval of others.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:18 AM on Apr. 19, 2011