What are the best vitamin supplements to take?

I have been feeling so lazy and tired lately. I'm considering taking a vitamin supplement. I've heard that B12 works great for energy. What vitamins (if any) really show results?

Proverbs_31

Asked by Proverbs_31 at 10:46 AM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Health

• I would call the doc at get a b12 shot. I was having the same problem and went to the doc about it and it worked wonders for me. They can also do blood work to make sure there isn't an underlying issue causing the tireness.
    wendydays

Answer by wendydays at 10:48 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Unless you are Pregnant, I recommend a Centrum one a day multi-vitamin. That should be all you need. You may be slightly anemic if you are feeling very tired and need an iron supplement. Try the Centrum for a few weeks & if you are still feeling tired go to your Doctor & have a blood test. That will tell you if you need extra iron in addition to the multivitamin.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:49 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• how long does a b12 shot last? Is the daily as effective?
    Proverbs_31

Comment by Proverbs_31 (original poster) at 10:54 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I like Alive! multivitamins but I think it's important to find the right one that works for you
    PrincessPeach06

Answer by PrincessPeach06 at 11:08 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• So what are the benefits of B12 shots?
    B12 increases metabolism, the side effect of which can be weight loss. With regular B12 shots and a combination of other weight loss regimens, people have reported to lose weight much faster and they attribute it to the shot.
    B12, as we said earlier is a great energy booster. What better way to deliver an energy booster than directly into the bloodstream? The other option would be to take a supplement, which would take many hours in the digestive process and would lose much value along the way.
    wendydays

Answer by wendydays at 11:53 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Speaking of value, with a B12 shot, you retain almost all the B12 – none of it gets lost in the digestive process. For comparisons sake, a B12 tablet leaves you with only 1.2% of B12 in the tablet. A shot will lose very little, if any.
    b12 Shots are highly recommended mood boosters as well. B12 is essential for a properly functioning central nervous system – we know that dysfunction can lead to depression. If you suffer from mild depression once in a while, you can try a B12 shot as a mood booster – some people have reported feeling happily giddy afterwards, but not for long. In a few hours, it settles and you are just happy!
    B12 is essential for a properly functioning cardiovascular system. It thins the blood and prevents blood stickiness. Blood cells sticking together is what leads to a blood clot which can cause a stroke.
    wendydays

• thanks Wendy.
    Proverbs_31

Comment by Proverbs_31 (original poster) at 11:58 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I have no idea either. I'm thinking a multi vitamin?
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 3:00 PM on Apr. 19, 2011