Have any ideas on giving your children a nice christmas on a little money

jrocks

Asked by jrocks at 1:22 PM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Holidays

• i'm right there with you. so far i got my 20 month old mega blocks, mr potato head, and a couple pair of jeans
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 1:28 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• The dollar tree. You can get so much nice stuff there and everything is a dollar. You could fill your kids stockings for like 5 dollars or so and they have good size toys/gifts too, so even if you had $10 to spend, you could put 10 decent size gifts under the tree for your kid. Trust me, you will be amazed at how much stuff you can get there with little money.
    asholan_07

Answer by asholan_07 at 1:30 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Play the money present game. Take about $50 in small bills and a hand full of change a bunch f small boxes and some rocks to weigh the boxes diffrrently. Wrap up the bills like 1 $5 bill in a box (and a rock) and in another box put in a quarter or penny ect. make you will have like 50 or so boxes for the kids to unwrap and its fun for them because they get to unwrap a bunch of stuff and there is the anticipation that they are going to get a $5 or a $10, and complane when they get a penny. Pair it up with a nice doller store piggy bank. Your kids are older and should understand that its not about the presents anymore. As for the holiday fun have them both get messy and build gingerbread houses as a family.
    KittyCalais

Answer by KittyCalais at 1:45 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• People's definition of a little money can be different. What's yours? I had a little money to spend on my daughter and SO and for me that meant:
    Monopoly Electronic Edition(19.99)
    A Fisher price Laugh and Learn my busy day table ($25)
    Crib sheets ($9.99)
    New Sneakers ($50)

A pack of body suits (5.99) and DVDs ($3.99 on blk friday) as stocking stuffers

And I got it all on e-bay except the DVDs
    vr3star

Answer by vr3star at 2:13 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Whatever you get, wrap it in as many pieces as possible! I get my stepkids gifts everytime they visit. They can open it the next morning, only if they are good all day and donot wet the bed. I get small gifts at the dollar store, aldi, and food4less. Party stores sometimes have nice inexpensive things too. And you can always make something! Wrap a $3 teeshirt or old pair of jeans with a new butterfly patch on it! This year, I filled jars with the dry ingredients needed to make festive cookies. Tied a bow and gave a copy of the directions. I spent about $30 on 10 "gifts".
    ChibiAmy

Answer by ChibiAmy at 4:32 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I agree that everyone's idea of "a little" is different. The year my youngest was 8 months we had about $50 to spend on each kid and I made it work. I picked one gift that was about $20-$25 for each of them and spent the rest at the dollar section of Target and at Dollar General and bought small $5 toys. They actually got quite a bit that year even though we had very little to spend.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 7:20 PM on Dec. 2, 2008