Do you believe the US dollar will crash?

-Eilish-

Asked by -Eilish- at 10:51 AM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• it already has, look at the euro.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 10:52 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Yep, I believe that's his goal. He said the only way to build this country back to where it once was thriving, we need to hit rock bottom first. Well, not in so many words, but that's how I took it. So I think we'll end up as a third world country before we get back on top.
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 10:53 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• It has already, overseas people wanted the dollar now they don't.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:59 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Yep. I believe that is the plan the Dems in charge have right now. Collapse then when the lemmings are afraid and angry they will cry out for more Gov. So glad we bought our small island and moved a few years ago. We have a resort we run and pay little to no taxes to the county we are part of. Was expensive initially but we have made all our money back and then some in less than two years. We are hated because we are wealthy and then expected to fork over more. Not happening now we don't pay any US taxes and have no business dealings in the states at all now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Ummm it crashed a LONG time ago. Do you even know what 1 american dollar is even worth? Currently TODAY 1 dollar is worth .069 Euro Thats how much cash you get in Euro money when changing a dollar. and vise versa.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:11 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Currently TODAY 1 dollar is worth .069 Euro

Wow! I didn't know this ... the only comparison I knew about was (back in 2008), that $1 now was only worth $0.04 by the gold standard.
    -Eilish-

Comment by -Eilish- (original poster) at 11:40 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Depending how you are analyzing the dollar, in some ways ( as people have said) it has crashed. If you are looking to discuss playing (for or against) a dollar rally, that is another thing. Then there is the foreseeable future for US trade? Which looks to be dismal numbers on both the import and export side. This has negative consequences for the US dollar. Look at the annual trend, NOT the seasonally adjusted month to month. OR are you wanting to discuss U.S. interest rates, and U.S. inflation? Both of which, will continue to rise, IMO... While income level drops. So, in MANY aspects the US dollar are looking bleak.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:56 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• grly .... i guess I'm talking specifically about hyperinflation and the position of the US Dollar as the world's reserve currency.
    -Eilish-

Comment by -Eilish- (original poster) at 12:50 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Gotcha. Given that the U.S. Has something over $76 trillion in debt obligations~ including unfunded entitlement liabilities — Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid~ AND future programs set in place by current bureaucrats that ADD to future debt obligations~ we have yet to see a leader rise up and thoroughly tackle our problems. But I encourage people to watch what the Feds do. Not what they say. Watch the markets and econ. numbers for bleak stats and figures. If the Fed continues buying U.S. treas. Beyond their QE2 program expiration in June~ that should give one a moment to pause and be more concerned of even higher inflation. If Treasury rates continue to increase over GDP estimates~ that suggests a worldwide loss of confidence in the U.S economy, beyond what already exists. So, it can get worse. While we are in a room full of what IFs, most are NOT looking positive for US long term productive economic growth.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 1:21 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I believe it will crash on Sept 15, 2008 and it will again on March 9, 2009.
    and yes, the economy will eventually get better.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 2:05 PM on Apr. 19, 2011