Do you like your parents?

I don't like my father as a person. Our values are completely different and we have nothing in common, I actually have no idea how I was raised by a person like him because we are so different. My dad is uneducated, racist, selfish..... and I consider myself to be a humanitarian, I'm not sure how that happened. If he wasn't my father, I would have no interest in being part of his life.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Relationships

• hate them and haven't talked to them in almost a year.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I absolutely ADORE my mother and my stepfather (daddy) Now my bio-dad is a totally different story...If he was to fall off the face of the earth my first reaction would be "What??? The earth is flat???? Wow we've had it wrong all this time"
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 10:57 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• They were always admired by me in every way possible, they gave me the compassion I now share with my grown kids.

Answer by older at 10:57 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• yes, i love them very much.

Now, i need to get off CM....my day just slipped away...
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:58 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Yes I love my parents, they have always been there for me and always stand up for me, I have pretty awesome parents.
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 10:58 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I love my parents so very much.

My Dad died earlier this month. I miss him so much!
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 10:59 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Meh. My mom and I get along much better now that I have children. But we didn't talk for years and we were both happy with things that way. I haven't spoke to my dad in years, he doesn't even know I have kids.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:00 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I'm so sorry for you for that, I know it must be hard feeling that way. In my case I can attest to having THE MOST PERFECT parents, my childhood was awesome. Full of love, understanding, compassion..........I love bragging on that fact. We of course had issues here and there, but every family does. Both my parents are passed now (been about 5 for mom and 3 for dad), I miss them each and every day.

Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 11:01 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• No.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I love my parents. Didnt like them much when I was younger, but now that Im older and more mature I understand why they did and said the things they did.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:03 AM on Apr. 19, 2011