I am not sure what to do..

I was going to have a c-section because I thought since I already had one I had to get another one. Then I heard that I can deliver vaginal even tho I had a c-section. Now it seems like everyone in my family wants me to get a c-section and not understanding that imma have a toddler running around and needing me also. I am going to have NO help when I come home just me, my son and my newborn. How can I tell them to back off but not being mean? I know its my body but whatever I say it goes out the other ear.

effie777

Asked by effie777 at 1:23 PM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Just dont dicuss it with them. Talk to your doctor and make the arrangments with them that YOU want. If your family says anything to you about it, you can tell them what your doing and if they start questioning you or bugging you just tell them that its you choice,your the one having it done, so you will worry about it, they dont have to.
    asholan_07

Answer by asholan_07 at 1:25 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• It's your body, your choice. I had a c-section, and COULD NOT have done anything without my husband. he cooked and cleaned for me for the first entire week! If I were you, I'd go for a vbac, leaving another c-section as the last resort. Either way it will be difficult, though. good luck.
    Anonymous

• #1 tell them it is your body and to back off. (Don't worry about being mean, They apparently aren't worried about being judgemental) #2 tell them it is safer for both you and the baby #3 try not to discuss it.
    LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 1:32 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Well I 4got to add..I talked to my OB about me wanting a c-section and he said ok great, then I changed my mind and told his partner that I wanted to have it vaginal and he said something about scare ruptures and woman has died from it. I am so lost.
    effie777

Answer by effie777 at 1:35 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• It's not their choice, apparently, and not their body. Tell them, well if I have a C-section, you gonna come take care of me for a week?? Go ahead and opt for vaginal delivery if that's what YOU want! It's all about you, honey, take care of yourself!
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 1:35 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I know plenty of women who have had successful VBACs. This is something that it is possibly for you to do, but you need to find an OB that is supportive of it. They need to monitor you so that if there is danger they can do an emergency C section. As for your family, why are they so concerned with how you deliver but not with helping you out when you come home? Tell them it would be move beneficial if they could offer to help you when you get home and to try to be a bit more supportive. Assure them that you will work with the docs to make sure everything is safe for you and baby and their job is to be supportive, not to make decisions!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 2:02 PM on Dec. 2, 2008