How do I help my gassy baby?

My new baby is so squirmy, he wakes himself up after an hour or so. He has some gas come out and doesn't poop everyday so I assume it's gas. Any suggestions on what I can do to help him? We are formula feeding, he eats about 2-4oz every 3-4hrs. We have him on Similac Sensitive for lactose problems.

Egyptianeyes

Asked by Egyptianeyes at 11:02 AM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Tummy massage, bicycle his legs, gripe water.

If you nurse, try to alter your diet some.

If you FF, might be the formula.

Also try smaller bottles more often. Alway sitting upright while eating and after. Burp often.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:08 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• If you nurse - do a search for foods that can make babies gassy and cut them out or your diet.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 11:17 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• How old is he?? Are you nursing?? What kind of gas medicine are you using?? We liked Gripe Water. It worked way better than mylicon and then when she was older we gave her yogurt!
    arielsmomma1020

Answer by arielsmomma1020 at 11:25 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• If formula feeding look into using Enfamil Gentlease...made for gassy/fussy babies. Worked wonders on both of my kids. You can also try holding the baby in a football hold..place baby belly down on your forearm so that their head is on your hand. Helped my daughter. We used Gripe Water for my son and that was a life savor!
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 12:18 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• If you nurse, cut back or completely out the dairy and green veggies :( Do leg exercises with the baby to help push out the gas bubbles. If his breathing seems affected by it, take him in and they will check him out.
    VintageWife

Answer by VintageWife at 12:22 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I also used enfamil gentlease for my kids, it was amazing the difference, or course if you are BF that wont help. Gripe water, tummy rubs, and making sure baby was sitting up a bit when they ate also helped. good luck
    VBM7287

Answer by VBM7287 at 9:58 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• How old is your baby?
    After you feed him burp him a little, then sit/angle him up and wait another ten minutes then burp again, this helps the stomach to settle a bit.
    AskANanny

Answer by AskANanny at 1:35 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Burp is great but also give MYLICON I couldnt live without it Loved it and he was great
    christinahenry

Answer by christinahenry at 12:48 AM on Apr. 22, 2011