When did text speak morph into "I intentionally misspell to prove that I am too cool to type properly"?

I understand substituting U for you or R for are.

BUT, to substitute Laydes for Ladies, Bizzness for Business and the like is just ignorant and makes one look either really young or really illiterate..."amirite"? LOL

BradenIsMySon

Asked by BradenIsMySon at 11:05 AM on Apr. 19, 2011 in

• I agree.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 11:07 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• rolling on floorI would have to agree, sometimes it gets so bad I get a headache trying to read it..........LOL

Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 11:08 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• In the 1980s (on message boards) to discourage text filters from finding chats on banned topics like hacking.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• i agree. to shorten the word is fine like i do "pple" for people but it doesnt seem cool or even funny to mispell a word that has the same word count
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 11:08 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• LOL!!! Been quite the rash of this on here lately!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:08 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• That drives me crazy! I hate logging on to FB or reading notes from family members like this- sometimes I can hardly decipher what they're trying to tell me! lol
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 11:08 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Yeah it's silly...to tell you the truth I even spell things all the way out in texts! lol....Not sure why just never got into the whole misspelling words on purpose thing lol
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 11:09 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Wow, anonymous, I know that much. I am referring to the morons. Not the chat geeks.
    BradenIsMySon

Comment by BradenIsMySon (original poster) at 11:09 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Drives me crazy!
    VintageWife

Answer by VintageWife at 11:10 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• – collapse
    wtf who cares? u can undrstan wat im sayin. wen did u get so cool? wit the inventin of the internet?
    Schnizzle

Answer by Schnizzle at 11:10 AM on Apr. 19, 2011 (hidden) + expand