Does anyone ever think that u are a bad mother?

I have two girls and sometimes they drive me crazy with all their fighting and screaming and whatnot and sometimes I feel like its my fault because I am not a very good mother. I mean I try to teach them right and wrong and they have discipline but sometimes I feel like they are so out of control and i don't know what to do. Any of u other moms feel this way?

Tamarock

Asked by Tamarock at 1:28 PM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• No sorry, everyone tells me that I am too protective and devoted. However my sister who is the complete opposite of me did tell me once that I am ruining my childs life by not "leaving my house with her", which I do leave my house, Im just not out running around while she's at a sitter. Just because your kids are out of control doesnt mean your a bad mom. Your probably an awesome mom who spoiled and babied the kids in the first place without discipline and thats why they act like that. Dont worry my 2 year old is well on her way to being a brat!! I tell her all the time that she is out of control and she is not quite 2.
    asholan_07

Answer by asholan_07 at 1:34 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Hell yeah I ve been there...but every mom thinks her way is best and some get down right bitchy about it. blow those kinds of people off and do your best...it is all we can ask for.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 3:09 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Of course! Every good mom thinks she's a bad mother! There is a lot of pressure on moms to be "perfect" these days. You are not alone!
    Cafe MichelleL

Answer by Cafe MichelleL at 3:25 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I have a 2 month old baby and girl and I feel like I really suck at being a mom. Alot of people make me feel like that too, because I'm young. Some act like I have no common sense. My mom, for instance, always says I'm doing everything wrong or just says here give her to me I can calm her down :(
    It makes me feel like crap but I know she's only trying to help and I know she thinks her way is the only right way. Just remember there is no on right way to raise your kids and that kids will be kids and one way of dicipline may work for one where with the other you may have to have a different plan. Your not a bad mom, your a great one I'm sure and don't let people tell you otherwise.
    Lizzie32390

Answer by Lizzie32390 at 3:40 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• *baby girl(made an error, lol)
    Lizzie32390

Answer by Lizzie32390 at 3:41 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I feel that way more then once or twice a day...my girls are 13 months apart and they are a handfull..im a sahm and i do my best to be a good mom/house wife...its alot harder then i ever thought it would be. Im sure your a good mommy and your doing the best you can...kids are alot to handle at times for anyone...i dont care who you are!!
    mom2girliegirls

Answer by mom2girliegirls at 7:53 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Everyone thinks I am a great mother. I think I am a pretty good mother, but it took me a long time to accept it. I always feel as though I could be doing something more for my kids.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 7:56 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• One idea to deal with your fighting girls is to start speaking very quietly. Whisper. They will have to listen. Tell them it makes you sad to see them fight and leave the room. Don't say anything else.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 7:58 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• everyday almost my kids are 4 and 1 and very active girls. i feel like pulling out my hair sometimes. I homeschool my 4 yr old and am critisized for that because i choose not to send my child to school just yet.
    mom2girls82

Answer by mom2girls82 at 8:52 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I think everyone feels like that at some point - your not alone - I promise!
    KMOM1130

Answer by KMOM1130 at 9:09 PM on Dec. 2, 2008