I had to reschedule my interview,...she hasn't called back, should I call her?

I had an interview today at 11am, I had to reschedule due to my DD being sick. I called this morning at 9am, left a message with the Receptionist, she took my name, number, interview time and said the woman who scheduled my interview wasn't in the office yet. Well it's almost 1130, and she still hasn't called me to set up another time. Should I call her?

knicole0708

Asked by knicole0708 at 11:12 AM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Money & Work

• I'm glad you got rescheduled! I was going to say you should just do a quick call back and let her know your daughter had a sudden illness. She most likely is a mother and can relate :)
    VintageWife

Answer by VintageWife at 6:08 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I would wait until 2morrow to call her, I hope it is okay, but don't be to suprised if she doesn't reschedule, and yes your kid is more important, so maybe it is a sign that this isn't the job for you! I always try to think something happens for a reason,, good luck!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:20 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Yes.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 11:13 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Doesn't sound good. It's not good to reschedule an interview.

Good luck.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 11:14 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Absolutely call back, but as the previous answer indicates, check with the receptionist first. Interview days are usually scheduled back-to-back. Interviews can go over the alloted time and candidates arrive early. If they are not family friendly, do you really want to work for them? Afterall - our families come first. I set up interviews all the time, people have things that come up in life. To find the best candidate, sometimes you have to roll with the punches! Loyalty is priceless! (and BTW - if they don't reschedule - I may have something you mights be interested in)
    mrslabel

Answer by mrslabel at 11:22 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Calling would only show your true interest in having that job. I say call, the worst that can happen is she isn't in or is too busy to take your call.
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 1:48 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I know it's not good, but my daughters health is more important than skipping her doctors appt for an interview ''/
    knicole0708

Comment by knicole0708 (original poster) at 11:15 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• You should call her back today, however you might want to check with the receptionist first. She might just have a really crazy schedule today and hasn't had time to get back with you. You don't want to appear pesty, but you don't want to seem disinterested either.
    mikesmom65270

Answer by mikesmom65270 at 11:15 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Don't be surprise if the job is already taken when you call back.
    MMXI

Answer by MMXI at 11:27 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• and BTW - if they don't reschedule - I may have something you mights be interested in

from mrslabel

How do you know where she lives to give her a job? Or is it one of those work from home scam things?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Apr. 19, 2011