"If you've never questioned your beliefs, they aren't YOUR beliefs."

How did you develop your political views?
Have you ever taken any Political Science classes?
Did you ever debate both sides of an issue?
Have you ever thought about why you believe what you believe?

Or do you have the same beliefs your parents/husband/church has and you've never questioned them?

EBee12

Asked by EBee12 at 11:18 AM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I always question my beliefs. But when I think about it and get back to where I started from I know that they are the correct beliefs for me. I think it's bad when people think that their system is the only correct one out there.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 11:22 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I debate all the time...I love to research topics and ideas and form my own understanding and opinions. I think about them all the time and do my best to make sure they align with the Bible.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 11:24 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I have my own well researched views and beliefs. Based on facts and actual events. I never blindly follow anyones views opinions or beliefs.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:25 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Why would someone vote my answer down? It was my opinion. No one said YOU had to believe the way I believe.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 11:27 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• My beliefs come from just living life. My parents left everything to come to the U.S. (and we were very well off in So.America,) for a dream to become American.
    I saw my parent work hard to give us a good life. Never ever did we ask for help from the government and we paid cash for our medical.
    And my parents did all this with 5 kids.

My sister and her family has done nothing good, she thinks why should she do or pay for something when there is the government willing to pay for it.
    She is very sad most of the family has cut her off. And she love Obama, she was one of those stupid people that said Obama promised to pay for my home if I can't.

My parents and I think we should help the poor not becoming the problem. I learn that, " just because you can that does not mean you should"
    That is take advantage of the Government.

Can you guess what I am ?

gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:29 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Renee3K, you said a "dirty" word...Bible...that is probably what got you the vote down. I voted up both your answers.

I was raised by old time southern democrats. I consider myself a Libertarian. I have been interested in politics since I was a little kid and Carter was running for president. I have taken more than a few Poli Sci classes.

My views are my views.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:31 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• How did you develop your political views? Life

Have you ever taken any Political Science classes? No

Did you ever debate both sides of an issue? Yes in debate class

Have you ever thought about why you believe what you believe? Not sure how I couldn't think about what I believe otherwise how could I believe in it.

Or do you have the same beliefs your parents/husband/church has and you've never questioned them? Sorry but that question is just funny to me. 

Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 11:34 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• LOL @ yourspecialkid. I figured as much but it wasn't like I was saying everyone else must live by this standard, ya know? Freakishly funny how people want tolerance but cannot STAND anything having to do with Christ. (ok back to the real topic now, lol)
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 11:34 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• How did you develop your political views?     Life, School, Books, Opening Dialogue and asking questions...

Have you ever taken any Political Science classes?   Yes

Did you ever debate both sides of an issue?   Yes.  My husband and I enjoy reading and discussing politics, life issues, current events and enjoy playing the Devils Advocate.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:43 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Have you ever thought about why you believe what you believe?  Yes, when someone logically explains their opinion, it only makes me look deeper into my fundamental beliefs and stack them up to the "other sides" of an issue.

Or do you have the same beliefs your parents/husband/church has and you've never questioned them?  No.  If anything I have sparked my husband to develop his beliefs and be prepared to stand by them.  My father is a Reagan Republican. My mother is flower child hippy...  Debate has been at our dinner table and holiday gatherings for decades.... ;o)

grlygrlz2