HELP!! Is she crazy or am I not seeing something?

My SO has 3 boys and I have a DD. Kids play well together. My SO ex wife is now saying that she does now want the boys around my DD because she is a girl. Um, whats the big deal if she is a girl? The oldest son (10) was caught touching himself (at her house), and she is blaming it on having a girl around them. UM... WHAT???

Nickcole23

Asked by Nickcole23 at 11:29 AM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Relationships

• lol she is crazy
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 11:31 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Doesn't he go to school with girls? It is normal for 10 year old boys to touch themselves. They just need to be taught only to in private.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 11:37 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Tell her to get over it, puberty happens!
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 11:39 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• All three of his boys are in school. The Ex and my SO mom are friends and they are both saying it is not healthy for the boys to be around girls that are not their sister.
    Nickcole23

Comment by Nickcole23 (original poster) at 11:40 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• She's whacked for sure..
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 11:41 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• They're both nuts.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 11:44 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• She's nuts, sounds like a weird control game... tell her to go away.
    amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 11:52 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• What if they had girl cousins, would that be inappropriate? What if they were in a club at school with girls, or sit next to a girl at school? That is just crazy thinking in my opinion. Boys touch themselves. The do it at 2, and 10, at 20 and 50. It's pretty normal behavior. Now if you tell me they share a bed or take baths together then we might have an issue, but normal playing and interacting as long as personal things like going to the bathroom, dressing and bathing are kept private, I don't see how that's inappropriate.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 11:55 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Sounds to me like she wants him to be a mommas boy and be able to pick his girlfriends for him. All little boys touch themselves; you just have to approach the situation properly.
    Kari727

Answer by Kari727 at 11:57 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Good lord. Yes...I'm sure at 10 years old with a billion little girls around and hormones raging that it was YOUR child that turned him into some sexual deviant overnight, right? The lady is crazy...and guess what...shhhhhhh...HE'S GONNA KEEP TOUCHING HIMSELF regardless of whether your child is around or not. Egh.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 12:09 PM on Apr. 19, 2011