My friend on facebook asked me for advice then is bitchy to me when i give her advice what the heck? (vent)

she sent me a personal message about this bad fight her and her dh are having she's 36 he's in his 50's she wants a baby he don't. Their wants are completly different he's turned off by her and don't want to have sex with her for fear she'll get pregnant. So I told her she needs to sit down and ask herself questions like: Do we fight more than we get along? Do I love him? Am I in love with him? Does he feel the same way I do? Do we want the same thing out of life? This is a really bad fight. She asked for my advice and if she thought I should get a divorce or not k I told her that was up to her not me or anyone else. She has to be the one to decide. Well next thing I know this turns into something that happened in my relationship in 1996 a long time ago and why would I stay even when dh hurt me so badly why didn't I leave? First off I was reallly young pregnant with my first kid and didn't feel I had a choice back then. But would I stay again if it happened hell no but I'm older now and more mature than back when I was 20. It just pisses me off she asks for advice and then brings shit up that happened to me 16 yrs ago.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Relationships

• mabbe bc u aint tellin her wat she wanna here?
    Schnizzle

Answer by Schnizzle at 11:35 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Your advise was good. But she is not ready to hear it. It is like on here, so often people just want someone to listen and shake their head.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 11:36 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I agree with the first poster....

Answer by older at 11:36 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• She was hoping you'd take her side. She wasn't looking for REAL advice.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 11:37 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• well she asked me if she should get a divorce now why am I going to say I think you should shouldn't that be up to her?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:38 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Whether or not she wants a divorce is definitely up to her. If you tell her she should get one, and she does and is miserable in six months she's just as likely to call you up and say it's all your fault because you told her to get a divorce. I think you just tell her that you can listen and give advice but it's not your place to give an opinion on whether or not she should get a divorce, and things that happened in your past are not really relevant- you're talking about her situation, not yours. Then just leave it at that. If she wants to get bent out of shape about it that's likely because she is having marriage problem and placing anger toward the wrong people. At least you'll know you have said and done the right things and that's all you can do.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 11:50 AM on Apr. 19, 2011