Eating a pineapple a day because I heard it can help soften your cervix!

Even if it doesn't work, it's tasty haha. :]

I'm 37.2 weeks pregnant and bought like 6 pineapples. I guess I'll be eating until I'm 38 weeks pregnant! I was pretty "closed up" according to my doctor at my appointment yesterday, I'll make sure to post and say if there were any changes at my next appointment. Of course if there ARE changes that doesn't necessarily mean the pineapple did anything. At least this is a safe, yummy way to make myself feel like I'm doing something to help myself not go over my due date. My goal is to do what I can to stay away from being induced, and/or a c-section. I've also been walking an hour almost every day too, so we'll see!

Have any of you tried eating fresh pineapple after 37 weeks and noticed any sudden progress?

ours

Asked by ours at 11:47 AM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Pregnancy

• be careful of your teeth and tongue, the acid in those eats through stuff like crazy!
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 11:48 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I've heard that one! I'm 31 weeks but I'm TIRED of being pregnant lol....come 37 weeks I think I'll pick up some fresh pineapple too! Thanx for the tip mama!
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 11:49 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I love pineapple but I'm not sure I could eat a whole pineapple. Hmm I'll have to remember that when I am further along! Good luck and I hope it works for you!!
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 11:50 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• oregano is relly good 4 that 2
    Schnizzle

Answer by Schnizzle at 11:51 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Do you eat a while pineapple everyday>?
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 11:54 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I tried this too, my baby was ten days late.
    Mysillymama

Answer by Mysillymama at 11:56 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• You can refuse an induction. You can also only start dilating right when labor starts. Maybe baby needs to cook for 43 weeks.

Why would you automatically get induced or a c-section if you go passed 40 weeks? And why is anyone checking you for dilation That not only mean nothing, but, can introduce bacteria in there. ew. I say no unless I am in full blown labor. And going passed 40 weeks doesn't automatically mean baby is overdue or needs out. Baby knows when to come more often than not. And NOTHING you can do aside from hospital induction can make him come.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:56 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• another untrue wivestale. Ugh, there are so many.......
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 12:23 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Of course if there ARE changes that doesn't necessarily mean the pineapple did anything. At least this is a safe, yummy way to make myself feel like I'm doing something to help myself not go over my due date
    ______________________-
    Totally understand that one!
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 1:31 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I heard that too! i just went and bought a fresh pineapple and also some mangos, red raspberry leaf tea and evening primrose oil....
    TatymMommi

Answer by TatymMommi at 3:35 PM on Apr. 19, 2011