Should I or not...?

I am 20 years old in my second year of college. I have been wanting a youngster for the past two years. My boyfriend thinks it would be way to hard to have one now... and is very concerned because we arn't married yet. How hard is it while still in school? And is it really bad to have a child before marriage?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:36 PM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Wait until your out of school and married. You'll be VERY thankful later on if you take this advice.
    Anonymous

• I dont think it is bad to have a child before your married, but it will be hard while your in school to have a newborn, exspecially since your not used to having a child. Also if your boyfriend doesnt want one because he thinks it will be too hard then you dont wnat to push one on him because he probably wont be too much of a help, since he said in the first place it would be too hard. Finish up school first and as far as being married, youll have to get that through to him because I wasnt married when we had our daughter so I agree with you that it doesnt matter as long as you plan on staying together.
    asholan_07

Answer by asholan_07 at 1:39 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• It's not bad to have a child out of wedlock, but wait until you're out of school and financially stable. Buy a house and a reliable car. Enjoy time just being a couple first. Establish your career. You have plenty of time.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 1:40 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I had one semester done with college made the deans list never missed a day that semester... things happened i got pregnant.. and i went back to school and had to drop my chemistry math anotomy and phisology and english i am only take my online course which is life span devolopment. ITS SOO HARD FINISH SCHOOL AND THEN GET MARRIED AND HTEN HAVE A BABY. I'm married now i wouldn't change anything i love my son soo much and my hubby but i wish i had my nursing degree first!!! trust me it is really hard
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 1:40 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• yesss enjoy being able to just go out with your friends. To just go into town with out feeding, changing, dressing, the baby getting the diaper bag ready and making sure your home to put him n bed!!
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 1:42 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• A new baby takes all of your time, energy and attention. For your own sake, wait until you are out of school and BOTH you and your so are ready. It's not impossible to do it (school and a baby), but it's a heck of a lot easier if you can wait until you have a little less on your plate.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 1:42 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Trust me it is so much more fun to be a mom when you have time and financial stability. WAIT

Anonymous

• a new baby takes alot fo time. I had my son when i was 17 i love him dearly dont get me wrong but i wish i would have waited it was hard to finish school. Its not bad that your not married but id say atleast finish school first then have a baby you dont wana end up quiting becuz the stress of a new baby has got you so wore out you cant consintrate. Your whole life changes when you have a baby its not longer all about you so enjoy yourself while your young enjoy your boyfriend while its just the two of you cuz once you have a baby its not about you guys anymore.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 1:45 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I could not imagine why you would want to have a baby at this point in your life. You have a lot going on...school, studies, dating.....what's the rush? If you would like to make your life more complicated then sure go ahead and have child. You need to finish school, live life and then settle down and have a child.
    Anonymous

• i got pregnant before the wedding not intentionally but it happened and i started school this October and im 33 weeks tomorrow it will b hard but if you seriously want to its up to you guys not much we say can really help you but give u ideas
    Mommy2Be1212009

Answer by Mommy2Be1212009 at 1:54 PM on Dec. 2, 2008