I am a new grandma of a little boy. He will need vaccines soon and I am really uptight about it. My children are grown. Are the vaccines safer now days? adult content

NewGrandma408

Asked by NewGrandma408 at 11:58 AM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Well, not exactly safer. Just MANY MANY more.

I prefer to wait until my child is over a year to start and then, I also prefer to space them all out one at a time with a month between them.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:00 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Nope...and compared to back in the "day" they give them lots more vaccines. Ultimately, it is the parents' decision. But if you're worried about something, maybe send them a link to a site you agree with or give them some information. Don't push the issue though. I vaccinated my kids and went with the "masses". If I knew then what I know now, I wouldn't have. My kids will no longer have them while they are under 18.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 12:01 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• all 3 of my kids have gotten them since they were born.. nothing wrong with them today.. they are still alive, healthy and not deformed! .. what more could you want ?
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 12:09 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Mine had them all on schedule . . . . they are big, strong, and healthy. There is alot od misinformation about vaccines out there, especially from a Dr. Mercola, who has been reprimanded for his false claims.

They are safe. The chances of having a severe reaction is very, very slim. They do not cause autism.

You can call the pediatrician, as well. They have all of the stats and are on top of it. They will flat out tell you that they are safe . . . much safer than leaving your child unprotected from serious illness.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 12:13 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• This is a very touchy subject! In my state it is required for them to have them to attend school! I do not want to vaccinate my children but I do not have a choice. My first one was vaccinated because I was bullied into it. I have done so much research since my youngest was born. I could suggest some books for you if you would like as well as some websites. I will tell you not to let your doctor bully you. I even had a doctor tell me that it was child abuse if I did not vaccinate my child. I wanted to hit him! I suggest you do the research but I am like the fist person I am waiting until he gets older and I am spacing them out! Only because I am forced to by law!
    BambooPinkCC

Answer by BambooPinkCC at 12:20 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Can things happen with vaccines? yes. Will it be autism? No.
    If you give your child any meds, there is a chance of a reaction. The same goes with vaccines. There is always a risk with anything. You just need to decide what is an acceptable risk or not. To me, vaccines are an acceptable risk.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 12:24 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• There are exemptions in ALL states that allow you to attend school without vaccines.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:27 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• *bradenismyson-it is nearly impossible in mississippi- only medical exemptions. Good luck finding a dr to give you one. That leaves people like me being forced to give something im against.

OP- no, they arent safer. If anything, they are more dangerous because there is more being given at once.
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 2:31 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• NO! we dont vax at all! do some research and talk to ur daughter! good luck!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 3:11 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• If I was forced to vaccinate my children in any state, I would move.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 3:27 PM on Apr. 19, 2011