Dread being around my 3 year old son!!

He does everything possible to make my life miserable to the point where i cant wait for my free weekends! ex and i are not together. I know this sounds horrible but its the truth he makes me wish that sometimes i never had him he argues constantly does things on purpouse to piss me off. My ex has a "normal" family with his fiance and i love her shes a great 2nd mom once they get married i feel like giving full custody to my ex so my son can have a "normal" up bringing like i did and as my ex did with both parents being married. I love my son its just times with him are hard and my patients has run out... no one said the 3's would be this bad!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:02 PM on Apr. 19, 2011 in General Parenting

• wow, this is all I can say, just wow! when I hear a mother say I wish I never had him it strikes a cord!

Answer by older at 12:05 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• It's not the terrible two's, it's the three's that are miserable!!! It gets so much better though, just hang in there and take advantage of his dad if you need a break from him.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 12:05 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• um i dont think he dos evrthin poss 2 mak ur liv misrble. cing as hes only 3.
    Schnizzle

Answer by Schnizzle at 12:07 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• he's 3! your the parent try to take charge! i know its hard and can be emotional trying to punish your baby properly but you do the best you can!!! what issues are you having with him? i might be able to give you some tips that might help.
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 12:12 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I just beat myself up for being a single mom and my son doesnt deserve that. He deserves to be with his dad who is already creating a "family" inviorment for him while im working on my college degree and not looking to get married or to settle down anytime soon im ony 23 and i feel like i live 2 different lives im a full time mom when i have my son then im 23 on the weekends its very hard to juggle that. Im just confused right now i think and the 3's are terrible :(
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:15 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I hope this isn't a real question.
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 12:17 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Just so you know . . . it doesn't matter to your son whether you are "married" or not. You are his special, one and only mom. It doesn't matter to him how big your place is, what kind of clothes you wear, what car you drive, or who you are with. You are enough. If you are feeling like this becase you are single . . that is a YOU issue, because a 3 year old just wants mommy, however she comes.

If you feel like you are about to blow because of the stress of life and motherhood, please try to arrange for your son to spend more time at dads . . . to give you time to settle.

You probably havce a school counseling center where you can get services . . this would be a REALLY good time to go to get some support.

And, 2's, 3's, and 4's are hard. They really are, for all of us. The kids aren't being bad, they are just curious and stubborn. They grow out of it at 5 . . thank goodness.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 12:20 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Would it b possible that u hve postparrtum depresion that was nvr treated? Im not being rude im actually very seriouse, call your doctor. Gl
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 12:43 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Thank you ImaginationMama i think that is just what i needed to hear, i just figured he was gonna be like this forever!! Hes good when he wants to be but horrible when he wants to be too im just glad things change around 5. I just get so burnt out having to correct him and put him in time out constantly or to tell him why he cant do certain things and by the end of the day im exhausted! yesterday was just a HARD day hes being a sweet heart now but we'll see how long that lasts lol
    When i have hard days with him thats where my mind goes and i over think things its just really hard being a single mom and not having his dad there to fall back on when im just done doing the disipling.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:51 PM on Apr. 19, 2011