If your children dont wear uniform, do you allow them to pick out their own clothes for school.

I was going to try to let my 8 yr old daughter and 8 year old son pick out their clothes this year but did work out.

tgeary

Asked by tgeary at 12:03 PM on Apr. 19, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• My daughters are 7 and 9 and have always been content just letting me pick out their clothes. For the last several months, I've been making a conscious effort to pick out their clothes TOGETHER (especially my 9 year old) to try and show her how to put a non-hobo outfit together and dress appropriately for the weather conditions. Yes, it's easier just to pick them out yourself, but they have to learn at some point.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 12:05 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I don't let my daughter pick her own school clothes because her idea of dressing nice is sweatpants and dress shoes. I don't think so! LOL
    Kari727

Answer by Kari727 at 12:06 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I just started to. I tell them what the weather will be then let them select an outfit.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 12:04 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• my 5 year old son picks out his own clothes - with my approval. my 3 year old will sometimes.
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 12:04 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• yes,but it has to match and be for the season we're in

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:05 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• For the most part. Sometimes I will have a few choices handy and ask them which one they want to wear (like for picture day or school sing).
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:05 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• yeah, she picks out her clothes.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:09 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• she's 9
    samurai_chica

• Boys are 6 and 7; they do pick out their clothes most of the time. Once in a while I will have to send them back to change but generally they both do pretty good.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 12:45 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• My boys are 6 and 9 and both dress themselves in the mornings. When we're shopping for clothes, I allow them to get what they like within reason. As long as it's appropriate for school I'll generally allow it.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:14 PM on Apr. 19, 2011