What is going on with my 5 month old fingers?

It started with his toe nail it was red and swollen I thought he hit on something he is always kicking but then it disappeared and samething happened on my son's right and I cleaned it and stuff it healed and now it is his left hand and this morning it had a bubble filled with puss! I have no idea what is going on he has a doctor's appt on friday. He does have skin allergies and he is teething and chewing on his fingers daily. It doesn't explain the swollen toe though. Any thoughts? Thanks!

He does has ezcema all over his body maybe that is it. Thank you it makes me feel a little better I was freaking out for awhile.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:04 PM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son had the same thing when he was the same age. I didnt do anything about it because it just went away on it own. I wasnt concerned, now he is 6 months and I havent seen any swollen nails. I wouldnt really worry. I thought it was just the way they were growing
    KiraStadnik

Answer by KiraStadnik at 12:07 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I'm assuming allergies to something. My hands used to get blisters all the time and the derm. said it was 'hand eczema' and that I could probably prevent/lessen it by not touching dish soap. I use the dish brush now and no blisters :)
    VintageWife

Answer by VintageWife at 12:20 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Is he sucking on his toes?
    2Hopefull

Answer by 2Hopefull at 5:55 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• That's good. I have eczema on certain parts of my body too and had never thought of it till the dermatologist told me that is what it was from.
    VintageWife

Answer by VintageWife at 6:04 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• No he can't reach his toes yet he is too chunky! LOL
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:57 PM on Apr. 19, 2011