Looking for children's Bible lessons....

Beginning this Sunday, I will be the new teacher for children's worship at church. It is similar to Sunday school, but is a larger group (10-20 kids) and the ages range from 3-11. Do you know of any good websites to find lessons and activities for a group setting?

TIA

Renee3K

Asked by Renee3K at 12:05 PM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I'm not sure about websites, but is there a Christian store close to your home?
    VintageWife

Answer by VintageWife at 12:18 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Yes, we have a Parables which I may go check out. I was just hoping for something printable and free :)
    Renee3K

Comment by Renee3K (original poster) at 12:28 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• www.ebibleteacher.com and www.dltk-bible.com...
    ProudMommie87

Answer by ProudMommie87 at 12:45 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Good luck!! My church provides materials for children's church - will they give you an "allowance"?

Answer by missanc at 1:27 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I haven't asked yet, but I'm sure they would. There's a huge filing cabinet in the room full of stuff but the previous teachers didn't have it organized so it's a mess. I just need some time to work through it to see what is all there.
    Renee3K

Comment by Renee3K (original poster) at 1:32 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• but the previous teachers didn't have it organized so it's a mess. --

LOL!!! been there! welcome to the wonderful world of volunteering to teach kids' classes at church!!! my problem was always that the materials i used every sunday (reading/teaching/handouts, crayons, glue, etc) were never where i put them, organized and handy, the next sunday! i didn't teach on wednesday nights, and the room was used for another class/teacher, who obviously had no respect for my class/things. GL!!! and be encouraged, OP!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 3:05 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Hahaha, thanks! Thankfully, I'll be the only one using that room. I'm going to have to make a point of getting to church extra early just so I can clear out the cabinet. I'm an organization NUT, and even just the layout of the room drives me nuts, lol. Not sure what I'm going to do about it all. For some reason the previous teachers thought it was neccessary to cover the windows (basement) with posters so no natural light comes in..that will change! Maybe they had a reason for it...but I like learning the hard way sometimes, lol. I just want to be more organized than past teachers. I want the kids to think I know what I'm doing :)
    Renee3K

Comment by Renee3K (original poster) at 3:18 PM on Apr. 19, 2011