Laminated Flash Cards?

Has anyone ever seen laminated flash cards (like A B C and 1 2 3) that the kids can write underneath or trace the letters/numbers with an erasable marker? I would like to find some for my daughter (she's coming out of pre-school and going into kindergarten)

KYarger

Asked by KYarger at 1:39 PM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• You can make your own if you don't find any for sale that you like. If you go to a place like Staples, Office Max, they offer services for laminating.

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 1:41 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Yes, I have seen them, they are usually at Education Stores, do you have one in your area? If not, you may be surprised to find some even at Target or Walmart.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 4:39 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• the cards are in the "school supplies" section at any major department store like wal-mart
    they also have stuff in the "book" section
    bi-polarmommy

Answer by bi-polarmommy at 7:36 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• We have several write-on wipe-off books like that. We have found them at office supply, Wal-mart, and the dollar store. (There were a couple of cute princess or Cars ones at Costco last month too!).

If you wanted to use wet erase markers you could get regular flash cards and laminating sheets and make your own. I don't know if dry erase markers will work on the lamination.
    MamaOfB

Answer by MamaOfB at 9:07 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I just bought some at Barnes and Noble in the teacher section. They are great. There are ones for shapes, numbers, and the alphabet. I scooped them all up and my son is only two. When I find something that I like education wise I usually just go ahead and get it. It comes in cute little boxes and a pen is included. I found the cards durable, easy to wipe, and very affordable. PM me if interested and I will go get it from my son's bookcase.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 12:45 AM on Dec. 3, 2008