3 year old has a wart on her finger

How do I safely get rid of it? She's had it several weeks and it's already gotten bigger. Please don't post "Take her to the dr." While I have insurance, it's still about $80 out of pocket for a dr. vsit and that's if there's no lab tests done or prescriptions, etc. My son had a wart a year ago and we used the liquid stuff and it smelled HORRIBLE and made his foot burn. She's probably going to try to take a bandage off of her finger so I'm at a loss as to what to do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:11 PM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Kids' Health

• Keep it wrapped in duct tape OR cover it with a thin layer of clear nail polish. Either method will suffocate the wart and it should come off in a few days.
    Anonymous

• My Daughter had one on her finger at that age and we just used the bandaid wart removers but if she wont leave it on thats not gonna work. Other that the bandaid or the liquid stuff I'm not sure what else you could use. There may be a home remedy that you can use and maybe another mom here can help you. Good Luck.
    tgeary

Answer by tgeary at 12:17 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Duct tape it. It works. Otherwise you can get those ridiculously expensive OTC things that freeze it off
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 12:18 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• How long does it usually take for a wart to come off with duct tape?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:21 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• They do sell stuff at the store to remove wart you know.

Answer by louise2 at 12:22 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• i had warts like 4 of them and the only thing that worked for me was to get them cut out by a dr. it hurts but they havent came back and im 20 now and thats been yrs ago. i have scar where they was but there not there!! =)
    kolbysmama20

Answer by kolbysmama20 at 12:26 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I did the duct tape after my doctor's strategies did not work (frozen twice, burned once, then tried salicylic acid for a week - had to stop because it was SO painful - nothing like acid burning through good skin to get to the implanted wart) ... the duct tape took about 4 days for me.
    Anonymous

• I just found this online when I was looking at Vinegar and Baking Soda tips. *****Remove warts by applying a lotion of half cider
    vinegar and half glycerin. Apply daily to warts until they dissolve.***
    tgeary

Answer by tgeary at 8:40 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• ASPIRIN! The active ingredient is a wart remover. Crush some aspirin and mix with s little water to make a paste and apply to wart. Many over the counter wart removers are actually aspirin in disguise.
    Kitkat61277

Answer by Kitkat61277 at 1:54 AM on Apr. 24, 2011