Drive cross-country or fly?

While driving long distances with four kids isn't much fun, we can't really affort to fly--it's cheaper to drive, even with the escalating gas prices.

jengray72

Asked by jengray72 at 12:17 PM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Travel

• I'd fly over drive ANY day!
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 12:20 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Im guessing drive assuming you would have to buy 4-5 plane tickets...it probably evens out, theres a website that can estimate your total gas prices from point a to b , by the car model you drive, gas proces along the way and how many miles you travel..its pretty accurate, i cant remember the exact name of it, but if you google, "how much does it cost to drive to so and so" it should pop up in the search
    AydensMommy1109

Answer by AydensMommy1109 at 12:24 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Either way is gonna suck you dry! LOL
    I'd almost say it depends on why your traveling and how much time you have to do it.
    My SIL and BIL and their 3 kids just went to Disney..... they drove! Was stupid in my opinion! Cause they left late (like 11pm) on Sun, got there mid day Monday. And then had to leave to be home Wed night. They really only had 1 1/2 day there. For a husband, and 3 kids who've never been there.
    MrsDAP

Answer by MrsDAP at 12:34 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• It really depends. We would fly to CA every summer but by the time we pay for 5 tickets, rental car for 3 weeks and a place to stay it ends up cheaper for me to drive with the kids and play in different places each way. We might not stay in Cali quite as long, but that's fine too. It's gotten so the kids even look forward to the drives because I try to find different things to do and see each time. This time we are taking 2 weeks to get there, 10 days in LA/Venice and 2 weeks to come back.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 12:47 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• We always drive on vacations. I think it is more educational for the kids.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 9:49 AM on Apr. 22, 2011