Do you dye your hair?

If so, how close do you keep to your natural color?

1smartcookie

Asked by 1smartcookie at 12:32 PM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Nope - I've got my natural color. It's brown with streaks of silver. Rather than "salt & pepper", I like to call it "cinnamon & sugar" colored.

Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 12:35 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I used to and kept as close as I could to my natural brown shade
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 12:36 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I've done it myself with the ones that "wash out" in like 2-3 weeks. I'm med brown and I've gone to a burg red color.
    MrsDAP

Answer by MrsDAP at 12:35 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• yes
    I go about 1-2 shades lighter and make it a warmer tone. I'm naturally a medium mousy blond

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:36 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I have dark brown hair & I dye the under part the blackest black ! Its honestly not that big of a difference esp if I wear my hair up or curly. People don't really notice it unless someone that already knows points it out. It's just a little something for me. I also enjoy the fact that my SO finds it VERY attractive :)
    loudnproud87

Answer by loudnproud87 at 12:36 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Yes I do. My natural color is brown and the shade I dye it is a "natural reddish blonde" (similar to strawberry blonde). My stylist and I both love the color and think it does look like a natural shade and not a dye job.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:36 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I just get highlights that brighten my strawberry blond color hair...
    ProudMommie87

Answer by ProudMommie87 at 12:40 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I used to dye my hair a lot and I've done blond, black, red, you name it. I don't anymore. the last time I dyed it I made it close to my natural brunette color and haven't dyed it since.
    AmandaJean825

Answer by AmandaJean825 at 12:58 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Mine's naturally jet black but that's real hard to maintain when you hit 30 and start getting grays. I've been everything from dark brown (currently) to magenta. I may get highlights for the summer. Or not.

1smartcookie

Comment by 1smartcookie (original poster) at 1:08 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• yes I dye it to cover my grays. I keep it close to my natural (pre-gray!) auburn.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 11:37 AM on Apr. 21, 2011