Why do you think some men have a problem with saying I LOVE YOU?

Chunky_Dynamic

Asked by Chunky_Dynamic at 12:36 PM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Relationships

• Same reason some women do.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 12:36 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• THey do? I don't find that to be true unless they actually don't love you.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 12:37 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I have never met a man who was afraid of it... I know my sister is afraid to say or feel it though - like she wouldn't be HER own person or something if she admitting to loving.. IDk.. I don't get ti
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:41 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Don't know but my stbxh told me I love you everyday up until the very day he walked out on me and didn't mean it so as far as I am concerned they are just words. Many men, like my Dad don't say the words very often if at all but show their love in other ways.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 12:42 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• My husband is not a big "I love you" kind of guy. He says the things he does for me should speak louder than any words he might say. He also says he doesn't need to hear it from me. He told me once, "I'm going to assume you do until you tell me you don't." The words are thrown around so much, he feels they don't mean much anymore.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 12:42 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• My personal thoughts.

I do not think that is something that is gender specific.. I think it's an individual thing, not a man or woman thing.. There are many individuals (both men and women) who can not say "I love you", who do not know how to say that, who do not know how to express their emotions in general especially love, who have been done wrong so much they fear loving, who really have never felt love so they don't know how to love..etc..etc.

pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:18 PM on Apr. 19, 2011