is snoring bad for babies?

my 2mth old snores or at least makes sounds that sound like snoring in his sleep...idk if its bad for him or not...

sprtchic13

Asked by sprtchic13 at 1:44 PM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Even though snoring is "normal" for people to do, it can be bad. I wouldnt be too worried now, but talk to your doctors and have them check or tell you what they think. I just worry because snoring is your airway closing off and also a sign of apnea.
    asholan_07

Answer by asholan_07 at 1:46 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• have then check is tonsils when your in the drs office next time. my son snored when he was little and it was due to his tonsils being swollen it ended up not beng a big deal and he didnt have to have them removed cuz they werent at that stage but if they had been just alittle more they would have removed them.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 1:48 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I spoke to my dr about this with my son. He said keep an ear out, and if you hear a quick interruption, it can mean a few things. My son was always congested, so we were possibly looking at having his adnoids taken out. I heard from others that this is a good sign of adnoids being too large.
    williesmama1

Answer by williesmama1 at 1:50 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Depends if it's really snoring are not. Babies seem to make a lot of different noises when they sleep, I couldn't believe how loud my son was when we first brought him home!

Mention it to your doc, it's not too likely to be tonsils or adnoids this young, but it may be some other issue.
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 3:02 PM on Dec. 2, 2008