Babys bald spot

my daughter has alot of hair and im so worried that she is going to get a bald spot she is now 5 weeks old an no sign of one yet. what age did your baby start to get a bald spot?

liv3laughlov3

Asked by liv3laughlov3 at 12:37 PM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• He didn't, he just thinned out all over. He was 4 or 5 months and after that..it started all growing back in.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:39 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• A bald spot is the result of the baby being on its back too much. Get plenty of tummy time in
    Anonymous

• a five week old probably sleeps quite a bit. Our DD is 3 mo and has a bald spot b/c she sleeps on her back ALWAYS, so she's there about 14 hrs a day.
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 1:22 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I agree with Anon, my boy was born with alot of hair, lost it all & then it all grew back in...didn't go through any bald spots with dd either.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 1:24 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• my baby boy is 6 weeks old and almost all his hair fell out right in the front, looks liek an old man LOL my dd had a head full and never lost her hair, if they are going to due to hormones theres no prevention but do watch not to lay them in same spot continuously cause the laying on it will cause it to fall out as well.
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 1:26 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Try to wear her mostly and not move her from bed to swing to bouncer to carseat. Wearing her would be good for both of you.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:30 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• My son is 7 weeks old and he has not lost any hair yet. It does look thinner but that is because his head is growing. Most babies do get a bald spot, but it is so common most people don't think anything of it
    jankelley

Answer by jankelley at 1:42 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• We didn't get one. Just remember to do lots of tummy time during the awake period and encourage the head to the opposite side it was the night before (which will also help with head flatening)
    2Hopefull

Answer by 2Hopefull at 5:53 PM on Apr. 19, 2011