Did you ever have to touch your baby to make sure they were real?

It sounds stupid, but my ds is just such a miracle! It's just hard to comprehend sometimes that I made this perfect little angel.

sbastille

Asked by sbastille at 1:47 PM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Till they learn to talk and walk and tell you off! LOL
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 1:58 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• i know he's real, but i always find myself touching to make sure he's breathing.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 1:49 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Answered at 12:49 PM on Dec. 2, 2008 by: jcsmummy
    i know he's real, but i always find myself touching to make sure he's breathing.

touch them to make sure he's breathing?? lol...i used to, but i learned my lesson. now i just watch their stomach to go up and down, so i don't accidentaly wake them up!
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 1:53 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• With my first I found myself doing it all the time, I just couldn't quite believe I'd made him!
    haleykarson

Answer by haleykarson at 1:53 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• *cries*

I want my daughter here so bad. She's due in 18 days and I'm going crazy :(
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 2:00 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I think I did that with all 3 of mine, but mostly with my first. I think I slept with my hand on my first so I knew she was there and breathing.
    witheredrose74

Answer by witheredrose74 at 2:02 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I also touched them to make sure they were warm...breathing...when very small I figured out that you can feel their puls in the little throb of their soft spot...so I always touched the top of their heads. You never truly know the amout of love, work, worry and time that goes into being a mother until you have a child of your own...Thank you Mom!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 2:13 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I know what you mean. It's so fascinating to just touch and feel that perfect little creation. And I don't know how many times I had to touch their little bellies to make sure they were breathing.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 2:14 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• cait- enjoy your rest now, after that, say goodbye to sleep for about 2 months.

My baby girl is almost 9 months. I still stand at her cribside and watch her sleep. :)

Armywife- I agree.. watch the belly. Mine snores now, so that helps a bit..lol..
    ZoeKatsMom

Answer by ZoeKatsMom at 3:43 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• My girlfriend said her mom used to sew the little pom pom things on the front of her sleepers. That way she could watch them vibrate. LOL
    Crazy-Steph

Answer by Crazy-Steph at 5:51 PM on Dec. 2, 2008