Dating 2 years and staying the night with SO

My friend has a boy and he has girl. Do you think its ok to stay the night if the kids are in separate rooms?

My mom did it with us as kids, so I told her it was ok. But her other friend says its against the law? Is that true?

Nickcole23

Asked by Nickcole23 at 12:50 PM on Apr. 19, 2011 in General Parenting

• Why would it be against the law?

Answer by louise2 at 12:53 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• i dont think its against the law could be against his custody agreement that he have no over night female visitors if its not a serious relationship but in my opinion its ok as long as the children are aware of you and dont see any sexual stuff, because i would think a 2 year relationship is a serious one correct?
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 12:54 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• against the law? that seems ridiculous. I would say it's fine. :)
    AmandaJean825

Answer by AmandaJean825 at 12:55 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• That's not aganist the law well at least in Ohio it isn't. It is for them to be in the same room if they are of a certain age though. I think its completely fine if they sleep in seperate rooms.
    loudnproud87

Answer by loudnproud87 at 12:55 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I said it was not against the law. She said the SO ex is going to throw a fit.
    Nickcole23

Comment by Nickcole23 (original poster) at 12:58 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I don't think it's against the law, but I do think it sets a bad example for the kids by staying the night with someone you aren't married to. My husband never stayed overnight with me when my kids were home before we married.

Answer by missanc at 12:59 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• its not against the law, but she does have a point on the ex having a fit. she might have an order staying he can't have overnight guests while he has his son. so i would be careful with that.
    lucky35

Answer by lucky35 at 3:50 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• If u have been 2gether for 2 years, that sounds like a long term monogamous relationship to me.. u arent just some tramp he brought home for the night. he is aloud to "move on" from ex wife, and she has no control of that.
    sarahlu

Answer by sarahlu at 3:57 PM on Apr. 20, 2011