Is this considered cheating?

Me and my ex have been talking but he hasn't really came back into my life. I asked him saturday night if I was his girlfriend and he said we are two people trying to work things out but if you want to call yourself that and have that title, you can. I don't want to ask you out on the phone but in person, so you will have to wait... I went out and kissed someone, well I can't really remember (I was wasted) but it keeps coming into my head that I did. I guess i'm in denial and don't want to believe it. I told him this and he says i'm a cheater and he doesn't know how I could do this. I feel so bad and wished that I never went out, I know it was wrong but I don't consider it cheating.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:52 PM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Relationships

• Oh bullshit. It's not cheating if you two didn't make a commitment to each other. He's playing a game and you're naturally confused. He appears to want to let you steer the boat and then bitch about where you're going. First of all, if he wants you for himself, he needs to tell you and clear it with you. Second of all, you don't even know for sure if you did kiss someone. Probably, but I think you're single until the relationship status has been determined. He's just jealous because he hasn't manned up to tell you he wants you back. Just because you're talking and used to have a committed relationship doesn't mean it's still that way until you make it so.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 2:11 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Not technically, but pretty much. If you guys are trying to work things out and considering each other to be your boyfriends/grilfriend then it is wrong for you to be kissing someone else.
    asholan_07

Answer by asholan_07 at 1:54 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I feel cheating is anything you wouldnt do in front of youre sweetheart.
    lifeisgood176

Answer by lifeisgood176 at 1:54 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• if you werent together and you told him then i dont consider it cheating. I did the same thing while me and my so were broken up and he looked at it the same way. It took a long time to get back together and right after we did we got pregnant. he says he is over it but sometimes when he is angry with me he throws the past back in my face. my advice to you is do your best to prove that youre sorry and if he really loves you he will come around.
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 1:54 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I totally agree with lifeisgood........
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 1:59 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• If you have to ask then it probably is.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 1:59 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• hi dear, i wished u never went out , it is wrong what you did , to be serious with you it is cheating, if you still love your ex ,try to works things out, if you both can not then you are free to kiss any one you want ,you can go and have fun and live your own life , but you know what i really don't want you to feel that bad, good luck to you leila

leila2008

Answer by leila2008 at 2:01 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• blah blah blah- looks more like a hangover confession than guilt.
    ZoeKatsMom

Answer by ZoeKatsMom at 2:10 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I don't know why the hell you told him! Technically it is cheating. But it probably was innocent enough. Just don't let it happen again! Especially since you two are trying to work things out. The upside is that it gave him something to think about, since he has not committed to you fully. I wouldn't beat myself up about it too much though if I were you. Just lay off the partying so you can keep your head clear to work things out. That's my advice.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 2:24 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• if you have feelings for him, are wanting to work things out. yup its cheating!
    if u truely care for one person, its not right to go out & kiss other people.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 2:28 PM on Dec. 2, 2008