How long NOw unti he crawls?

My 6month old son will be turning 7months in May. He gets up on all fours rocks back and fourth, he tries to move but ends up falling and then looks like he is swimming and tries it again. He rolls to where he wants to go.
My 3 year old son was rolling all over until he turned about 7 and half months where he then tried to crawl but couldn't and around 8months he did the army crawl because i put a toy a foot away and went to go get it. He didn't start the real crawling until he was a good 10months old.
My 6month old tries too but can't.
How much longer do u think i have until he starts doing any type of crawling. He has been doing this for almost a week now.

2boysyahoo.com

Asked by 2boysyahoo.com at 1:03 PM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son was 9 months when he learned to crawl
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:07 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I believe it was just a matter of a week or two from the rocking to the crawling for my little girl it was like once she figured out how to put herself into a sitting position she was crawling. It really depends on what they feel is easier.
    Graciesmom528

Answer by Graciesmom528 at 1:10 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Keep your eye on him; it could be ANY time now.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:15 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• My 9 mo old isn't crawling yet. She does baby yoga though, (perfect plank position and a great cat stretch LOL)
    2Hopefull

Answer by 2Hopefull at 5:49 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• You're children sound advanced in physical development! Most babies crawl around 8/9 months, not that they are all alike lol! She needs to build up the muscles it takes to crawl by doing all that rocking, and she needs to make all the brain connections it takes to move the opposite leg and arm at the same time, which is a big step brain wise.
    I say about 2 weeks or so! Good luck with your little movers!
    AskANanny

Answer by AskANanny at 1:29 AM on Apr. 20, 2011