Anyone on the Dukan Diet?

How is it working for you?

ohwrite

Asked by ohwrite at 1:05 PM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• No. Is that like the Atkins? I heard it similar, and supposedly the soon to be Princess is on it.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 1:13 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• It's supposed to be a healthier, leaner version of atkins.
    ohwrite

Comment by ohwrite (original poster) at 2:20 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I haven't heard of it yet! I need to go read about it. :) I live a low carb lifestyle for the most part.
    lore_tex

Answer by lore_tex at 2:31 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I did South Beach when it came out, & did well for a couple of years, I've gained most of what I lost back, but I slowly started eating badly again. I was thinking of going back on SB when I saw the Dukan Diet this morning on Good Morning America. I'm thinking that the way it looks like their phases are set up, it might stimulate my metabolism a little more. I'm going to order the book & try it.

This website has good information about it: http://www.mydukandiet.com/

If anyone else is interested, I think I'll start a group for it.

ohwrite

Comment by ohwrite (original poster) at 2:39 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• when I saw it on the news they said it is meant to only be done for a few weeks as it can be bad if you are on it too long I guess because of the protein intake....I will look into it more too now I am curious.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 10:05 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I am currently on the Dukan diet. I have lost 15 pounds in 3 weeks. The diet is set up in phases. The first phase lasts only upto 10 days depending on your goal. The 2nd phase is longer but takes you to your goal weight. The third phase starts bringing the rest of foods you were previously restricted from and the final phase is permanent. The diet helps you change your eating habits and teaches you how to maintain. The authors goal is not to leave you hanging after you reach you goal. Exercise is part of the process but honestly I haven't been doing it and I've still lost 15 pounds. I recommend the diet because it is working for me but just an FYI, it can be expensive in the first 2 phases. Also, there is Facebook page where you can get alot of help and support.
    skyler_mom

Answer by skyler_mom at 9:30 AM on May. 30, 2011

• Thanks skyler mom! Congratulations on your weight loss.....
    ohwrite

Comment by ohwrite (original poster) at 11:37 PM on Jun. 7, 2011