how long does it take before you will start showing when you are pregnant

navywife110108

Asked by navywife110108 at 1:54 PM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Pregnancy

• It's different for every person, and which child you're on. I'm pregnant with my first and I didn't really start showing until 26-28 weeks. Even now at 37 weeks strangers don't talk to me about it and certain family members thought I was just fat.

*sigh*
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 1:55 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• It's different for everyone. If you are really thin to start then generally you wills tart to show earlier, but that's not always the case. I was really thin and started to show very very early. Another girl I know was a month farther than me and she was also really skinny, but she didn't start showing until like 6 or 7 months!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 1:56 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• everyone is different plus it depends on how many babies you have had. with my first i didnt show till i was 25wks and then one day bam there was a big belly lol with my second by the time i was 13wks i was already in matternity pants just depends some of it has to do with how your built.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 1:57 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Depends on each person and the size they were before they got pregnant. I am small and was 110 pounds when I got pregnant. I started actually showing at about 5 months if you looked just right, but to really tell that I was pregnant just by looking at me didnt happen until about 7 months.
    asholan_07

Answer by asholan_07 at 1:57 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• everyone just thought i looked like i was getting a beer belly until i was 7 months. lol
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 1:59 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Im 5'4 and wieghed 150 when i got pregnant and i started to show at about 4mo. With my second i started to show at 3mo.And with my 3rd i started showing at 3mo. Everyone is diffrent
    Anonymous

• Depends on the person. I was about 26 or 27 weeks. I'm 29 week now and haven't been showing for very long. I'm still not showing very much now.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 2:02 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I started showing immediately, but then lost weight in my second trimester and gained again in my third...now i am 37 weeks and actually look pregnant not just bloated! I would say it is different for everyone, i was very thin so i showed earlier.
    missrayanne

Answer by missrayanne at 2:16 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• That completely depends on your body before baby and how you carry the weight. I started showing within 8 weeks, but my sister-in-law didn't start until close to 30!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 2:26 PM on Dec. 2, 2008