Do you know of a good filling for rolled lasagna noodles?

I want to make them sometime this week...would like to get a variety of ideas to use as the filling...one that does NOT include RICOTTA. DH doesnt like ricotta.
Thankyou :)

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 1:10 PM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Food & Drink

• you can substitute cottage cheese for ricotta; mix with spinach

you could also go tomato based - thick tomato sauce with meat
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 1:14 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• My filling for lasagna ranges from a combination of the following: Ricotta, Cottage Cheese, Mozzarella, Parm, Provalone, and sometimes a hint of cheddar. I also put things like spinach and mushrooms in mine as well.
    If hubby like cottage cheese, and you want a smoother consistancy, pulse it in food processor for few seconds.
    MrsDAP

Answer by MrsDAP at 1:14 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Canned diced tomatoes drained, mozzerella cheese, parm, basil, spinich and red pepper flakes. You can also add ground meat ( I use ground turkey) in there.
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 1:19 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• You could use ground meat and cheese of your choice, shredded chicken, seafood.
    JenzAmomOf2

Answer by JenzAmomOf2 at 3:01 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• You could also sub mashed potatoes....carb overload! But it would be similar to a pierogi. Nummy!
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 3:08 PM on Apr. 19, 2011