Were you not the mother you should have been and now your children keep your grandkids from you? or do you not really care much about being a grandmother either?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:17 PM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Adult Children (18+)

• Depends. My parents were both verbally and physically abusive to me and they rarely see my kids, Of coarse both my parents act like they never laid a hand on us kids and act like they were perfect parents. When they do see my kids I never leave them alone with them. Why would I allow my kids to get abused like I did? If you were a bad parent to your kids they are just afraid you'll be a bard grandparent. They are protecting their kids.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:19 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I was and am a great mom, according to my grown kids, and this would never happen.

Answer by older at 1:21 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• No grand kids as of yet. NOT in a hurry to see my kid's have kid's either. They and I both would rather they work on a career and being financially stable before they settle down.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:25 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• My mother wasnt perfect, and we had issues my whole life. But when My DD came along, at all changed. She wanted to be in DDs life, and I wanted her to be. She is very involved with her, loves her to death, and is a wonderful grandma... I trust her with my DD completely. So while i dont believe my other was the best mom growing up, she is making it up being one hell of a grandma :)
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 1:25 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I agree, I don't want to leave them from my sight. My baby is only three months and I don't want her to not know her grandparents, but I don't want any harm.
    Spunkeynoodle

Answer by Spunkeynoodle at 1:27 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I have no grandkids
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:24 PM on Apr. 21, 2011