Damn Wal-Mart! vent.......

My whole family is sick with this weather. By the way dd don't have an ear infection its allergies(previous post). I went to Walmart to get prescription filled. I decided to get some over the counter medcine for my self. It was the OTC medicine that you have to take the card to the counter and show your ID. The other day I had to get my license renewed so I only had a paper copy. The lady at the register said in a nasty voice that they don't take paper copy. I explained to her I had just got it renewed and I had my old hard copy, but it was expired. She agian in her nasty voice said we don't take expired ID. I told her all she had to do was look at the dates on both copies to see that I had just got them renewed. She said that they can't take my ID either way. I just finally told them to transfer my prescription to another pharmacy across town, and they didn't have to worry about me being a customer again. Why can't people use common sense?

babygirl0782

Asked by babygirl0782 at 1:23 PM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I just think some people really lack common sense and common courtsey.
    ItsJustMe1017

Answer by ItsJustMe1017 at 1:25 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• They don't get paid enough at walmart to use common sense lol they really piss me off sometimes too
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 1:26 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• perhaps that WAS the policy..ever think about that? perhaps she only had a 'nasty' voice because you weren't being satisfied with her answer. i'm sure she was only doing as directed. if you had a problem with it, you should've asked to speak to the manager or head-pharmacist. when they said the same policy, then you would have a reason to walk out, huffed up and dissatisfied.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 1:27 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Funny I had a problem with walmart pharmacy yesterday as well! Yeah I transferred my prescription to another one that is farther but I no longer am going to deal with walmart. I just went there because it was across from my kids doctors office.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:30 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Because the OTC stuff you tried to buy is a component for the Meth heads to make drugs and it's the LAW that they DO NOT take paper copy's OR expired ID's. Common sense has NOTHING to do with the issue here. Do you realize how many addicts and drug cookers are trying to get the stuff just like you tried to buy today? LOTS. Thats why they want your ID so they can scan it and it goes into a national database so you cant buy a bottle here and there all over town. That pharmacist could have lost their job selling it to you with how the new laws are. Cut her some slack. Your attitude probably made her think you are an addict trying to get it to cook up a batch.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:31 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I don't fill my prescriptions at WalMart--in fact, I hardly EVER shop at Walmart!!! The Employees at the Walmart closest to my house, act like they hate their job, and are NOT pleasant at all!! So--I avoid Walmart as much as I can!!!
    Allebas

Answer by Allebas at 1:32 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• It is standard procedure outlined by the FDA and ATF that only state or government issued IDs can be accepted. The paper you had was not an ID, It was a renewal reciept.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 1:34 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Did the DMV give you, your old ID back? They usually do but they put holes in them. Use both the old one and the new one and they should work. If not ask for a manager.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:36 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I would have walked to a new register, screw her!
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 1:36 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I just talk to the manager at Wal-Mart and he said he saw no reason why she didn't sell it to me. @vbruno I did not have an attitude with her I remember when I had to work in retail. I always try to treat everyone with respect. This is a small town and i seen first hand how this woman talk to other customers, I jsut never thought I would be one of those customers! lol
    babygirl0782

Comment by babygirl0782 (original poster) at 1:39 PM on Apr. 19, 2011