My sister is trying to steal my thunder...... LOL

I really don't feel that way but I am due in Sept. with my second daughter. My first will be 6 in Dec. and my sister has a 14 month old niece and she keeps saying that she wants to get pregnant. I can't help but think it is because I am. They have a 2 bedroom house and nowhere for this baby. So why would you? Why would you not try to get a bigger house first? Just wanted to vent. So frustrating.........

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:24 PM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I wouldn't get a bigger house just to have a 2nd child. As it is, my 2 boys share a bedroom and I'm happy with that. I don't feel every child needs their own room, especially when they're little.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:26 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I thought it was fun to have someone to be preggo with, my sister would be even better! :) A baby won't need his/her own room for quite a while dear.
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 1:28 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Maybe they are ready for another baby. We had a 2 bedroom with 2 kids. one boy one girl. They shared a room once my youngest slept through the night. Maybe they can afford a baby but just havent gotten a bigger place until that happens.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:28 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• At those ages, both of my kids will still be in my room. LOL 14 months and newborn....yeah. no need for any extra rooms.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:28 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Maybe she just has baby fever and is expressing it. I know how you feel though when i went to tell my mom about being pregnant she told me she was too with baby #9, then my husbands cusine got pregnant. I was upset at first but now DS has friends to grow up with.
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 1:29 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Couldn't agree more with the Mommy above. I don't see a reason why they wouldn't be able to have another one in a two bedroom. We have a 3 and are welcoming our fourth little one in a little bit. The size of our home does not dictate whether our family is ready to welcome another little one.

It seems like you are being very petty about the whole thing. My sister had a little one a month ago. I am going to be having a little one in July and my sister in law is due is September. I don't think any of us are stealing each other thunder just multiplying the joy.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 1:30 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• My 2 sisters and I were all pregnant at the same time and had a blast together. We had so much fun shopping for baby clothes together and eating together, lol. I don't think her house size should matter to you, My first 2 shared a room until they were 6 and 4. Besides its her house, her finances, her family.....be happy for her if she's ttc and think of the fun ya'll can have together.
    lovinlifewith5

Answer by lovinlifewith5 at 1:30 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Sometimes when another woman is pregnant that she is close to, it makes her miss being pregnant. I know when my ex friend (LOL) was pregnant with her 2nd I was wishing I could get pregnant as well. Not to steal her thunder, but bc I loved being pregnant & her being pregnant made me miss it even more. ya know ?? I wouldn't be upset about it. Let it go :) Just enjoy your pregnancy.
    loudnproud87

Answer by loudnproud87 at 1:31 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Everyone has a different idea as to how to accomondate their family. Some people can have a family of 5 in a tiny apartment, and be happy. And some people want other things (children with their own rooms). For me, i can see where you are coming from. If I had the choice to have another baby or not, in your sisters position, I would not. I think more like you.. But i have learned that the only life you can control is your own. If your sister wants to keep popping them out, without room or financial stability, there is nothing you can do. Thats the choice she wants to make for her family and her life. Just dont offerr her help, it if bugs you.
    Just enjoy your pregnancy, your new baby, and create the life you want for your kids...
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 1:31 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Venting to us is always cool! I wouldn't bring it up with any family unless you want drrraaammmmaaa. :o) I do think that when one friend or relative is pg the other women's mommy juices get flowing.
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 1:31 PM on Apr. 19, 2011