School parties

Do you participate in your children's school parties? I have 5 elementary aged kids, so I try to attend at least one party each. I usually send treats to all of them though.

lovinlifewith5

Asked by lovinlifewith5 at 1:25 PM on Apr. 19, 2011 in General Parenting

• I contribute to everything in regards to my children and their schooling. My time, resources, talents, etc. If my kids are having a party then yes I will be there.
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 2:24 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I would attend if they had parties. Our district voted against parties in classrooms on educational time. If a child has a birthday you can sens in cookies or cupcakes and they will pass them out during clean to go home time.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 1:29 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Absolutely! My oldest is only in preschool but the 1st party/lunch I went to, there was a girl there who cried because her mom wasn't able to make it. It made me so sad! I vowed that day that I would always make it to school functions.

Fortunately I have a fairly flexible work schedule that allows me to be able to do that.
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 2:58 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I can't. I work during the day. But I wish I could.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 1:26 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I did when my son was small, but, I also didn't really work.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:30 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

•  Do you mean like at Christmas time or Valentines day, occassions like that (just using those as examples)?  I send in treats for every little celebration, but the teachers have never asked for parents to come in.  I would if they did though.

CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 1:30 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I contribute to the parties when asked. I don't think they want parents actually in attendance.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 1:53 PM on Apr. 19, 2011