10 weeks and severe pain in lower back and pressure in uterus

i saw my dr last week at 9 weeks and he saw a fibroid on my uterus. well since my appt, sitting or standing puts a lot of pressure on my uterus and its almost unbearable, the only time i dont feel that pain is when im laying down. and i have pains that are almost paralyzing in my back. i called the dr and spoke to the NP and she seems concerned...my dr was on an emergency c-section so im waiting for him to call me back and the NP said hes probably going to send me to the ER...anyone have any experience with this? im terrified and almost on the verge of tears. my husband got the OK to leave work if i go to the ER but right now hes 3 hours away so if he leaves im still going to be alone for a little while...im scared

lululovexox

Asked by lululovexox at 1:27 PM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I've never experienced this. Stay strong.
    CashsMama

Answer by CashsMama at 1:39 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• im so sorry try and hang in there! Think positive i am sure everything will be just fine!
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 3:53 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I am 11 weeks and i have the same thing...i did research on other sites and med sites and they all say lower back pain and cramping are normal. My lower back is always sore and if i move it's very sharp pains, sometimes when i stand up I almost fall down because of the quick sharp pain.
    Tiewaz

Answer by Tiewaz at 5:07 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• This is also my second child and I had back pains with the first one...It's nothing to worry about but not a bad idea especially if you are worried to go to the hospital and get checked out if not just for your own personal piece of mind. I would like to know after you go to the hospital what they said, because as i stated i am having very severe back pain as well...calm down it's worse to stress you and your baby out.
    Tiewaz

Answer by Tiewaz at 5:13 PM on Apr. 19, 2011