DIY a 12 inch snow globe?? what could i use?

Okay I'm the maid of honor for my best friends wedding, while it's still over a year away we've been trying to figure out the center peices. She's having it in January so she thought having GIANT snow globes would be a neat idea. She made one but it cost her like $50 bucks. Anyone have any idea on what we could use to bring the cost down? I'm having a hard time find things that will work but I did just start so I still have hope lol.
Anyway any ideas would be much appreciated

CJs_Mommy624

Asked by CJs_Mommy624 at 2:02 PM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Hobbies & Crafts

• A round fish bowl, or lamp globes from (lowes, home depot). Place the globes upside down fill them and then use a pretty china dish from the dollar store and glue it as a base and seal it with silicone.
    GardenPrincess

Answer by GardenPrincess at 3:01 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Glue something to the lid of a large jar, like a small plastic wedding couple for cake topper ,use e6000 glue,its waterproof,then use clear cornsyrup to fill the jar and sparkles. This slows down the sprinkles so they take longer to get to the bottom.Then wrap bows around the base of the jar so you dont see the lid.
    suncreations

Answer by suncreations at 8:24 AM on Mar. 26, 2009